Friday, July 8, 2016

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Who is Jenna Fox? Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a coma, they tell her, and she is still recovering from a terrible accident in which she was involved a year ago. But what happened before that? Jenna doesn't remember her life. Or does she? And are the memories really hers?

This fascinating novel represents a stunning new direction for acclaimed author Mary Pearson. Set in a near future America, it takes readers on an unforgettable journey through questions of bio-medical ethics and the nature of humanity. Mary Pearson's vividly drawn characters and masterful writing soar to a new level of sophistication.





Rating: 4/5 Stars

                           “When you are perfect, is there anywhere else to go?”


I always have a problem when it comes to reviewing a book a liked. I become much less articulate and descriptive because all I want to do is shove this book into everyone’s faces and say READ IT until they do.

(imagine this, but a touch less agressive)

The Adoration of Jenna Fox was a book about family, about humanity and friendship. It was so incredible seeing these characters, all so flawed and complex in their own way, navigating through the story which is surrounded by a big mystery.


There’s really not much I can discuss without talking about spoilers, and even if I did want to spoil you guys I know it would take me pages and pages to analyze and discuss this book (yes, I’m that annoying). All I can say is PLEASE READ IT and then gush all to me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment