Saturday, July 2, 2016

July TBR!



Hey guys! How are you all doing on this lovely Saturday? Here’s a bit rainy, as it’s been the whole week, but I love it because it gives me a wonderful excuse to stay inside and read (when I don’t have to study that is!).

I know that I’m a little late to the party since it’s already July 2nd, but I didn’t get to post this earlier so I decided I could still share with you the books that I (hopefully!) will read this July!


-The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski



Why am I planning to read this book?

Well I’ve already read the last two, and even though I was planning to read the conclusion to the trilogy right after it was published I was distracted… by other books. Most importantly, I’ve already heard some spoilers about it, which is something that happens often once I don’t read a book right after it comes out, PEOPLE SPOIL BOOKS! So I want to read it to see what happens with Kestrel and before I get spoiled completely.


-An Ember in the Ashes



Why am I planning to read this book?

Everybody and their mothers are talking about this series (which appears now it’s no longer a duology but a trilogy?) so, yes I want to know what the fuzz is all about! If I’m honest I’ve been a bit reluctant to read it because I heard that there are a lot of mentions of rape and it being used as a plot device, something I HATE with all my soul and the rage of a thousand suns! I’m not even joking, I hate it that much. But it’s not fair that I judge it without having tried it, and admittedly the plot does sound very interesting!

-This Savage Song



Why am I planning to read this book?

Because the description looks AMAZING! That’s why! I mean monsters and a Romeo/Juliet sort of plot? Sign me in! I’ve seen some mixed reviews though, but I’ve never tried a book by Victoria Schwab before and I’m looking forward to it!

Now, I could keep on adding more books to the list but I’m pretty sure I won’t get to read them (I don’t even know if my crazy life will let me read any of these!). So I’ll just try to stick to this list and, if by some miracle I get to read them all and have time left, I’ll add some more!


What books are you planning to read this July?

No comments:

Post a Comment