Friday, July 31, 2015

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Book Review

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.









My rating: 4/5

I honestly don't know what I can say that hasn't been said before about The Fault In Our Stars. It's one of those books that are pretty much universally known, the book cover was copied and adapted to so many other books hoping to catch on to its success. A million times we saw the phrase "Okay? Okay" or "Some infinites are bigger than other infinites" and so I read it already knowing pretty much everything that was going to happen, from the characters to the plot, to that much spoiled ending and I think some of the excitement was lost on me because of that.

I already knew everything, and that made the reading a bit boring for me. I like surprises. It's not to say I didn't enjoy it, I did and I think John Green has a wonderful way to make his characters come to life, to give them stories and voices. I guess I just wish I had read it a bit earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment